Spotted Kiwi Interactive
XERA: Survival review
50 GB available space
XERA: Survival Review
XERA: Survival is an application by Spotted Kiwi Interactive. XERA: Survival was first published on . It is currently available for Steam, Other.
2022: The era of AI has arrived. The world is in chaos after a prototype combat robot - banned by law and awaiting secure destruction by XERA Corporation - became self-aware, escaped and began replication on an industrial scale. Failed attempts to remotely shut down the AI simply triggered a war that humanity could not afford to lose.
Nation turned on nation in a fight for control over resources to defend against the robots. With the attention of the world’s military elsewhere, disenfranchised operatives have gathered to ransack what was left of the XERA facilities, setting up two forward operating bases, Safe Zones on each side of the forest that was the hiding place for mankind’s greatest failure of leadership.
Between these bases there are no rules of engagement. The only imperative is survival.
XERA: Survival is a fast-paced, modern open-world looter-shooter built from the ground up in Unreal Engine 4. Insert from the Safe Zones, scavenge and loot, fighting off robots and other players in a battle for survival. If you make back to camp, you can stash your pickings in your Global Inventory, ready to raid again. If you die, you lose only the items you are carrying, and you can deploy back quickly into battle using the regular helicopter / parachute insertions.
MULTIPLAYER WITH PERSISTENT GLOBAL INVENTORY
- Built from the ground up for global multiplayer – play with your friends or with players around the world.
- Store your gear safely in a persistent global inventory; log out from one and access all your items on any other.
- Servers in USA, Europe, South America, South Korea and Oceania.
PLAYER VS PLAYER VS ENVIRONMENT – FIGHT AND FARM!
- Scavenge for weapons, ammo, cash, food and water, medical supplies, craft items to improve your chances of surviving, for example drones for scouting ahead.
- Use the cover of darkness to avoid PvP combat, build your resources and venture into areas overrun by robots in search of military grade loot.
- Save your loot to your Global Stash in the Safe Zones. Trade with other players or buy from or sell to the non-player vendors in camp.
- Load up and raid as a lone wolf or teamed with up to 3 other buddies. Take down other players in a battle over the best gear.
- Drop into the fight where you want in the 4x4km world using regular helicopter insertions from the bases - or on foot. Steal a quad bike!
- Take part in regular in-game PvPvE events: assault a compound, civilian bunker, or raid a crashed helicopter. The higher the risk, the greater the reward!
- Earn XP in game from looting, participating in events, killing robots and so on.
- Levelling up unlocks enhanced skills, for example inflicting more PvE damage or being harder to spot by robots.
- Gain improved medical treatment abilities or even drone buffs.
- Open up new recipes for crafting and an increased stash size.
COMMUNITY DRIVEN DEVELOPMENT
- Regular Polls to determine the order players would like us to develop new features.
- Public Roadmap that shows what we have planned for Early Access and beyond: https://trello.com/b/yGBsrAZF/xera-survival-public-roadmap.
- There have been five major content / feature patches and numerous incremental patches / hotfixes so far in Early Access (From June to Oct 2019).
- Commitment to a fair business model for our players – you won’t find us selling bullets or introducing any punishing monetization.
XERA: Survival is developed by Spotted Kiwi Interactive, an independent development company based in the deep south of New Zealand (Aotearoa) with team members around the world.